The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University Psychology Clinic (UCLIN) is a facility dedicated to the education and professional training of postgraduate psychology students in the Faculty of Health Sciences of the NMMU with the end results of registration in specific categories of Clinical, Counselling, Educational or Research psychology. UCLIN strives towards academic excellence by ensuring that students are introduced to and encouraged to develop a comprehensive understanding and practical experience of broad spectrum of psychological, psycho neurological and psycho-educational problems, as well as assessment procedures and therapeutic interventions that would meet the needs of the South African population.
UCLIN is associated with a number of satellite clinics. Some of these include: Missionvale Campus Psychology Centre, Hunterscraig Psychiatric Hospital, Elizabeth Donkin Psychiatric Hospital, Livingstone Hospital and Student Counselling, Career Development Centre at the NMMU
What are the Psychological services available?
- Individual therapy for children, adolescents and adults
- Subject choices and career choices assessment
- Scholastic assessment and identifying learning problems
- Couples/Marital/Family therapy
- Psycho-Education (for example: parenting skills, coping skills, communication within the family)
Steps to follow when you need our services
- Contact Secretary: 041 5042330
- If the answering machine is on, leave your details, you will be contacted
- Give your details and service required
- Your name will be placed on the waiting list
- One of our psychologists in training or intern psychologists will contact you tomake an appointment
NB If you do not have medical aid the payment is flexible and will be discussed with you during the first appointment.
UCLIN is an outpatient unit concerned with the assessment and treatment of children, adolescents, and adults who are experiencing educational, emotional and/or behavioural difficulties. UCLIN staff includes individuals specialized in clinical, counselling, educational, and research psychology.
UCLIN is also a training and research unit where postgraduate students receive professional training. The psychological procedures done at UCLIN are carried out under the supervision of the Department of Psychology's staff members.
ress: P.O. Box 77000, NMMU, Port Elizabeth, 6031, South Africa