The Ministry of Health in Seychelles aims to provide affordable, accessible and high standard of health care services to the people of Seychelles at all times. Every citizen has the right to protection to health and to the enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of physical and mental health. In addition the ministry ensures that the health care services should be accessible to all Seychellois and should be based on the need and not ability to pay.
- Take appropriate measures to prevent, treat and control epidemic, endemic and other diseases;
- Ensure effective measures is taken to reduce infant mortality and promote the healthy development of the child;
- Promotion of individual responsibility in health matters;
- Supervision and conditions necessary in a democratic society, for the establishment of private medical services
- Investigates the social problems that families are encountering; working with children and their families
- Coordinates child protection matters, provides residential care for children needing a place of safety
- Ensure appropriate intervention in matters of custody, access, maintenance, adoption and foster care.
- Coordinate the activities of the Youth Residential Treatment Centre and Probation Services Sections
- Coordinates and facilitates applications for Means Testing and the home Carer System.
- Family Tribunal
- Centre Mont Royal
- Drug and Alcohol Council