REPSSI (the Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative) helps children get the care and support they are entitled to. It is a non-profit organisation working to lessen the devastating social and emotional (psychosocial) impact of poverty, conflict, HIV and AIDS among children and youth across East and Southern Africa. You can download our Strategy 2011-2015 and our Annual Report 2011.
To promote an enabling environment for communities and families to nurture, protect and empower children and youth to enhance their psychosocial wellbeing.
REPSSI provides technical leadership in psychosocial support for children and youth.
The REPSSI network has the following reach:
- 13 countries of operation in East and Southern Africa
- 56 partner NGOs across the region
- 494 graduates of the Certificate Course in Community Based Work with Children and Youth
- Over 1000 current enrolees of the Certificate Course in Community Based Work with Children and Youth
- 1,994 project sites where affiliates apply REPSSI approaches
- 5 million children and youth being supported by the REPSSI partner network.
Where We Work
We currently work in 13 countries in East and Southern Africa: Angola, Botswana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.