SIOPSA is a society that aims to create a fair and humane work environment across the board in South Africa.
The Society's mission is to help develop a fair and humane work environment, enabling people to reach their full potential and experience a high quality of work life in South Africa.
To this end, the Society strives to create conditions in which Industrial and Organisational Psychologists will be able to deliver efficient and effective services to the benefit of all in South Africa.
- understand the needs of I/O Psychologists
- enhance the credibility of the discipline and promote public awareness
- encourage research related to the science, practice and teaching of I/O psychology
- provide bursaries
- promote excellence in training and development
- foster close contact with the consumers of professional services
- promote available, accessible and affordable professional services
- provide good practice guidelines
- define, monitor, promote and adhere to the statutory regulations and ethical guidelines of the profession
- liaise with national and international bodies