The South African Council for Social Service Professions is a Professional Council Striving for social justice through the promotion and enhancement of development social welfare.
The council concentrates on the setting and maintaining of Social Service Professions education and training and practice standards. The information is intended to appeal to a wide audience – from the serious researcher to those who are considering a career in Social Service Professions , for example social work.
Practising social work practitioners will find the site most useful. You will be able to find the latest and most up-to-date information about your profession.
International visitors are welcome – particularly those who are doing international social work research and also those who are considering coming to work as social workers in South Africa.
Therefore Council’s business is conducted within the framework of the following principles
- The promotion and maintenance of a high standard of professional ethics.
- The promotion of efficient, economic and effective use of resources.
- Being development oriented.
- Providing services impartially, fairly, equitable and without bias.
- Responding to people’s needs and by encouraging participation in its policy making.
- Being accountable.
- Fostering transparency by providing the public with timely, accessible and accurate information.
- Good human resource management.
- Being broadly representative of the South African people, with employment and personnel
- management practices based on ability, objectivity, fairness and the need to redress the imbalances of the past to achieve representation.